Summary

While the latest looks atCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 3have put the spotlight on the game’s single-player, some players are suggesting parts of the newWarzonemap may have been accidentally shown as well. Sledgehammer Games gave a small taste of what is to come in the game’s new single-player, from the traditional, linear-style missions the series is known for to the new Open Combat Missions. It was in showing off the latter of these two, though, that some players suggest the studio may have let slip the first look at thenewWarzonemap.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3is set to pick things up from the conclusion of 2022’sModern Warfare 2and officially introduce one ofCall of Duty’s most iconic villains into the rebooted series, Vladimir Makarov. The Ultranationalist was name-dropped at the end of the previous game’s campaign as the mysterious entity responsible for setting the events ofModern Warfare 2in motion while teasing his history with Captain Price. Task Force 141 will ramp up the hunt for Makarov in the new game as he looks to ignite World War 3 with the aid of his own dangerous military force, the Konni Group.

RELATED:Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reveals First Campaign Mission

Despite everything revealed betweenMakarov’s introductionand the 16 reprised maps from 2009’sModern Warfare 2, players have only been able to speculate about if a newWarzonemap is also on the way, which YouTuber JGOD claims may have been accidentally revealed in a recent video. The content creator said he was told by alleged insiders who claim to have seen the new map that theModern Warfare 3single-player reveal from Gamescom 2023 contained some of the map’s points of interest. The speculation isn’t unfounded, either, since one has been added at the release of every newCall of Dutyfollowing 2019’sModern Warfare.

More players followed JGOD’s statements on social media, saying the clips inadvertently highlighted parts ofModern Warfare 3’s new map. Additionally, other players suggested the images ofModern Warfare 3’s Zombies modeteased the newWarzonemap and even argued both modes could use the same map due to Zombies being open-world.

The speculation online remains just that, though, as Sledgehammer Games has not confirmed if there will be a newWarzonemap atModern Warfare 3’s launch at the time of this writing. It is possible players may hear theupcomingCall of DutyNext eventin October as the event will focus on multiplayer. Only time will tell, though, if Sledgehammer will continue the recent tradition of newWarzonemaps at a game’s launch or be the first to break it and not add one.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3is scheduled to release June 10, 2025, for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.

MORE:Every Map Confirmed for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 So Far